Re: [VAL] Airstream Quest Continued . . .

Thanks Jim,

It's unfortunate that Airstream didn't use the Argosy modification.  I
haven't changed out the rear floor in the Argosy as I've been using it while
I try to get the '69 Safari on the road.  Think I got too many allegators in
the pond to keep concentrated on the objective.  With the effort I put into
the Argosy, everything except the bath floor, I could have had the Safari on
the road long ago.  Then, I liked the dual axle so much that .  .  .

I'll ask you for specific pictures.  Possibly I saw some of your pictures
long ago?  Standing on the ground in what was the bath?

Do the tanks have a housing with insulation?  The Argosy seems to have
baffles rather than a housing and insulation as the Safari does.  Might have
to know what I'm getting into when I pull the belly off.  The frame repair
does worry me a bit, though I can do some gorilla welding.  Better than
trying to do the overhead bit as I did on the Safari skid rails, I hope.

Leave in the morning hauling the Argosy to Chimney Rock, NC.  On the way,
I'll stop by a gun shop and buy a Uberti 1873 Deluxe Border rifle in .45
Colt (a replica of course).  Then on the Chimney Rock for the inspection and
return to camp at Statesville, NC.  The Cowboy Action Shootin' starts in the
morning as the shootin' site is only a couple blocks from the KOA camp
ground. :)  Get to combine my two hobbies, CAS and Camping! :)

Well, I got to get back to packing the trailer and truck.  The hookup of the
Hensley was a piece of cake this day.

                                                  Regards, '69 Safari, Joy