[VAL] 31' 1976 Sovereign Rear Shower/plumbing

Hello all,

I took my trailer on it's maiden voyage weeks ago, and a few days into
the trip realized that the water pump was not stopping, no pressure was
building up, and am fairly certain it is due to either a broken pipe.
Narrowed the location of the leak to directly behind/underneath the rear
bath shower stall.

Prior to that, a funny thing also happened: Some strange oily substance,
brown in color,  came out of the shower spout while I was cleaning the
shower. Any ideas as to what that could be? I have the actual
maintenance/owner's manual for the Rear Bath 31' Sovereign, and
determined that it's impossible for it to be sewage since the fresh
water/waste water piping is not joined/shared anywhere. Could it simply
be old pipe residue? Any thoughts you have about that would be greatly
appreciated.

Questions/Advice I would like:

1. What is the best way to 'safely' remove the rear shower unit? Is
there an order to follow (i.e. start with the upper section, drill out
rivets, remove strip, move onto the bottom etc..)

2. Any tips on re-installing?

3. Anything else I should watch out for?

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPOND!

Aaron Bratrude