[VAL] black tank rebuild

I STILL haven't replaced my black tank (we use a
porta-potti).  But, if I ever get around to it, I
think I will replace the whole assembly with a SS
tank.  Here's my logic:

I had already left drawings with my fab shop for the
metal box that holds the plastic tank.  The old one
was rusted out, so I planned to use SS.  I called the
guy and asked how much more it would cost to put a lid
and a few baffles on that same design.  It would add
another $100, but it would solve a lot of other
problems (cracked tank, questionable mounts for
fittings, etc.).  This seemed like a deal in the long
run.  So, that's what I think I'll do.

There are a lot of details to sort out (bottom slope,
insulation, etc.).  So, maybe it's not for everybody.
But, it's something to think about.

Jon in SC