[VAL] We did it, and survived!

Well, we took the tin house out on it's maiden voyage with us, and it was
lovely. The house is very light, compared to my three horse steel stock
trailer. Didn't even feel it. The 12 volt has a small problem in the
connection, you have to wiggle it just so. Not that we used it for much.
The toilet works great with a pressurized squirt bottle and/or bucket, so I
think that we will keep to the waterless toilet system.

It will be nice to have water laid on. Anybody know what to use to patch
polyethylene tanks? Ours has a hole in it, which we discovered prior to
leaving. Going to get the furnace up and running as well, as my SO was
cold. He is sensitive to cold, I think from having to work in it for so
long. I was fine! The one bunk did pull out to make a double, instead of a
twin. I don't know if someone modified that along the way or not. The
fridge gave us a bit of grief with the propane. Worked great at home, but
needed some adjustment when we parked. We ran the fridge off of the truck
when we drove, so that kept everything nice and cold. We are going to hard
wire that in in our next truck, which I better have by Thursday! I am going
to a competitive trail ride on Friday, and would rather drive the diesel,
than our big old ford with the 460 in it. The Rocket has been a great
truck, but we don't call it the Rocket for nothing!

We went to Pritchard, which is east of Kamloops for the first night. We
were volunteering at a Combined Drive event (where people drive horse(s)
and cart/carriages really fast through obstacles, amongst other things).
The next day we headed to a campsite called Monck on Nicola Lake near
Merrrit. Lovely campsite, with a great beach, and hardly anyone there.
Different story in July and August, we are told. We are going to go back,
but maybe not until after the crowds disappear! While we were there, we
were invited to join the BC group of the WBCCI.

Came home the scenic route, up through Lac la Jeune, and checked out that
campsite, as well. The hubby really enjoyed himself, so hopefully we
actually will go out again.

Sharon, in BC