Re: [VAL] Re: Rear end dragging

Tom,

I disagree, I have a 1972 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, camper special 8,000
GVW.  For years we carried a 1500 lb camper which lowered the rear
bumper only 1 1/2".  When we purchased our 1979 23' Safari, 750 lb
tongue weight, and hooked up to our Reese hitch, with the hitch ball
extending 15"  past the rear bumper, the rear went down over 4" and I
needed the equalizer to level the truck and trailer. (You can imagine
what happened to the rear of my Lincoln when I hooked up.)   GM vehicles
have a much softer suspension, I can jump on the rear bumper, over 220
lbs, and barely move the bed up and down.  The additional leverage
obtained by the long drawbar will lower practically any suspension.
Although the tongue weight is only 200-300 lb on the original Flying
Cloud, Patti did substantial renovation and I am sure raised the tongue
weight as well as the total weight.

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC #5223
1979 23' Safari