Re: [VAL] Finding Vintage owners that didn't know they were

Greetings Faith and Frank!

What you have described is what I have long associated with
owning an Airstream product and being involved in the
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers.  It is so good to hear that you are
able to enjoy your coach!

To answer the question regarding the front window cover,
they are called stone guards.  The stone guards for the
1970s Airstreams are available, but can be somewhat
expensive.  Shipping is often nearly the cost of the stone
guard itself as I belive most are one piece and as such are
a truck-freight only for delivery method - - the newer
coaches and 1970s Argosys with the deep-wrap wing windows
use a three-piece rock guard that can be shipped via UPS in
either two or three separate boxes (mine was shipped in two
for the Minuet).  The rock guards are a definite benefit on
coaches with the wing windows as it protects the expensive
to replace wing windows from damage.  Any Airstream dealer
should be able to assist in obtaining the proper rock guard.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)