Re: [VAL] grinding wheels and rivet stem removal

Just my opinion, but if you expect to be an Airstream owner for a long
time, the cost of the rivet burnisher fades from memory, but the
satisfaction over the "perfect head" on the replacement rivets is
experienced over and over... I bought the rivet shaver a few years ago and
I thought it was less than the $180 on AirstreamDreams, but like I say the
cost seems to fade from memory.... If you don't like tools, or can't stand
carrying them around with you when you travel,, stick to the nail file...
The heads of the rivets will not be "perfect" but think of the money you
saved..  ( the burnishing process also seals the head but not much water
can get in there anyway )

I had the additional satisfaction of being able to loan the tool to the
Airstream mechanic that was working on a door lock in the trailer next to
me while we waited for the International to start up in South Dakota a few
years ago.... He loaned me about a half box of rivets that I am still
carrying around...

If you can see your way clear to add the shaver to your tool kit, I am sure
AirstreamDreams  or some other rivet supplier will appreciate the
business.... and you will enjoy it's use for many years to come... I expect
you will need a new drill motor before you need a new shaver....

Remember, in the end, the person with the most toys wins....

Jim