[VAL] Finding Vintage owners that didn't know they were

Hi all,
  I am so excited that I can hardly write. We were driving through Roaring
River,in SW
Missouri,  one of the favorite stops of Vintage Reunions, and saw an A/S so
naturally went in to get acquainted. They have a 1971 29ft. A/S but didn't
know that it was a Vintage or even what it meant so we were so excited to tell
them what we knew about the privilege of being associated with such a
wonderful group and the bond that just automatically is there. They are
serving as area managers for the month of June so we
came home to get some of our Blue Beret's and some of the digest letters that
I have
printed through the years as they are anxious to know all about it and are
very interested in joining. They are from the Joplin, Mo. area.
We have never been able to find a key for our water tank door in our 1974 so
they trusted us to bring theirs home and it worked. We have tried to get one
for about 3 years now and to refresh your memory, I have written in at first,
trying to sell ours because I have Lupus and didn't think I could go camping.
Then we couldn't find a hitch and Bobby Gill brought us one when he came this
way.
Now, the reason I am writing, the gentleman didn't know that he could
instantly have friends all over the US to assist or answer questions. He
didn't have any real problem
but did want to know if they make a shield of some sort that comes out over
the window above the hitch to shield from bugs etc. At first I thought he was
talking about an awning but I don't think that's it. Do you know what he might
be referring to or if there is one available?
He bought his A/S down around Spring, Tx., he stated, and is already talking
about the Bambi's and others. Just like everyone else, it doesn't take much to
get the A/S fever and I am so thrilled to be able to tell he and his wife
about all of the wonderful folks that I've met and also look forward to
meeting just from reading my computer digest daily.
He was really impressed with the numbers that identify the owners of the A/S.
Please excuse my exuberance but I have waited so very long to be able to even
have a hope of camping in my beloved treasure and now I have a chance to plus
am able to offer someone else the joy and an introduction to all of you
wonderful Vintage Owners.
God Bless you all for the encouragement while I was so sick and the many times
you have shared with me.
                                                                           Fa
ith and Frank Navarro