Re: [VAL] Cargo Shifting: OPD valves for 30 pound tanks

Glyn
I bought a new OPD valve, but wanted to let you and others know if you don't
already. There is a difference between OPD valves for steel and aluminum
tanks.
It's been awhile, so my numbers may not be correct, but close.
The steel OPD valve has a dip tube of 4.75 inches and the aluminum tank vavle
has a dip tube of 6.25.
So if you actually installed a OPD for a steel tank into an aluminum tank, you
still risk the chance for overfilling.
There are several web sites that have info on OPD valve's.
It's a good thing I checked before I bought one because the guy's at the parts
dept didn't know there was a difference. Neither did the guy at Ferrell Gas
until I asked and he double checked. I ordered it from them, $17.28
installed.
Bobby