Re: [VAL] winterizing

John, I recommend the water heater bypass kit from most any RV store. I have
on my '68 Tradewind and I can winterize the plumbing with a little over a
gallon of antifreeze. Daisy has had good luck draining and blowing out her
lines with compressed air.  I tried that on a new off the dealer floor 1971
Tradewind I had and the water in a low place in the copper line froze and
split the pipe. It was very hard to get to the broken pipe to repair the
split.  The dealer told me I would have to take most of the bathroom out to
get to the break. I was able to avoid going to that extreme but I'm not a
contortionist any longer at my age so I have installed and used a bypass kit
ever since. I also have a kit to pump the antifreeze through the plumbing
using the on board water pump. It's easy, fast and efficient.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind