Re: [VAL] 1966-1968 Corning Glass

Ms.Joann : Thanks for e-mailing me back.Been thinking ( not to much don't
want to over tax the ol'brain at this stage in life) about the stove.I had a
guy to cut me out a pc.of stainless for the back of the cook top area ( for
free).And I found on e-bay some vent a hoods in a white color that is made
for campers (12volt).My Tapin range is avocado green ,try to match that with
a can of spray paint from "wally world".So what I think I'll do is buy a can
(or two ) of heat resistive automotive paint and repaint the vent a hood to
a brushed metal color so that is blends with the stainless steel color of
the back splash.The range should land here in Mississippi for about $40.and
the paint is about $ 5. or so. But I just can't believe Airstream didn't do
this to start with.
 I had a guy install the rectangular vent/dome15"x26" on my trailer
yesterday I bought it from"inlandrv.com" in the smoked Grey color.Very
pleased with their product.The cost of the vent was $120.+$20.shipping +
labor $56. Lot of money to cover a little hole. But I just couldn't deal
with the leaks..
 Got to go and cook brunch for this bunch at the fire station.Hope to hear
back from  you some time.Best to you,Tom Birdsong