Re: [VAL] 1966-1968 Corning Glass

Tom:
    I don't know the solution but you are right on about the heat
burning up the cabinets. My Bubble had a
well-corroded/electrolysized(?) portion on the lower edge directly
above the burners so that's exactly what will happen in yours. In the
new configuration, I've moved the kitchen to the street side and
farther back so it's in line with the draft from the Fantastic Fan and
I'm hoping that the normal curvature of the wall in that area plus the
updraft from the fan will be my "hood". If condensation builds up on
the wall there however, my fall back strategy is to line that portion
of the wall with either copper or stainless steel.
Jo Ann