Re: [VAL] 1966-1968 Corning Glass

Hey Tom:
    Did the avocado green paint work out? The reason I asked is that the
lady across the street just moved to Kansas and I inherited 2 Weber
kettle bbq'ers from her and one is avocado green (the other one is
black). The green one has a couple of dings on the top and a pretty
fair accumulation of gunk from more cooking that cleaning but otherwise
in good shape. It's just what you need to go with your trailer decor!!
Actually, I did decide to go ahead and take it because I figured some
Airstreamer probably would like it - goes great with the pink flamingo
birds.
    My rebuild is on the back porch where it extends behind the carport
and it just barely fits under the roof - so I haven't been able to test
my vent/stove cooking yet since there's not enough air on top of the
trailer - I bet I could set the roof on fire if I tried so I'm waiting
till we haul her out and have the big unveiling.
    I wonder if instead of painting the vent a hood if you removed the
paint that's on it and buff it with a Scotch Brite  pad would it look
like stainless steel? I took the original vent/dome off my trailer (14"
x 14") and put in the Fantastic Fan and it came with a seal and bezel
trim that fits just great - I haven't had it in the rain yet though.
Hope it doesn't leak.
Jo Ann