[VAL] the $45,000 trailer.... good luck!

not flaming you, but what you said....big difference per netiquette.

BS!  no object is worth anymore to someone else than what that person (or nation
of owners...!) is willing to pay for it.  you think that very many people would
pay for an airstream with a sauna in the living room??  and other such
craziness.
I do not care how much in the way of receipts the owner has even if I want to
buy it.  Even if I love it, I would not possibly pay more than $8000 for it
because that is all I want to pay for it.

iow, that item is worth only as much to the owner as the owner can get a buyer
to pay for it.  thus... fair market value (FMV).

And most insurance companies -- unless there is an ITEMIZED  replacement value
floater on the policy (and I have NEVER seen such a thing for other than
collections, etc) are only going to be willing to pay replacement or the average
of similar trailers regardless of amendments or they are just going to total it
out for the same FMV...  iow, about $3,000
oh also, those receipted amendments depreciate from year to year usually over
about 5 yrs, max of 10.  like a water heater or furnace.

and that is my experience with the industry as an AS mechanic for awhile and my
own exposures with my own trailers with USAA and other adjustors.

your turn..
chas