[VAL] Upgrade or Keep Original...

I know it's just a personal opinion, but when it comes to the energy
systems in a trailer, like propane, or electric, it pays to upgrade to
current practice and modern materials... Trying to keep an old power cord,
or an old copper line, just because it was the original line is a mistake
if you plan to use the trailer like a travel trailer.... If it is just for
show like a museum piece, then who cares if the systems are safe.. as long
as the sign says non operational or something like that.

I think we are finally over the " There is no problem with my gas tanks and
I'm keeping them original"  kind of thinking... The LPG folks are forcing
the change to the new valves and along with it some new tanks where the old
is no longer safe....They don't care if you keep your old system, just
don't expect them to fill it with LP..

I have seen where the industry seems to think the appliances are good for
about 15 years and then should be replaced .. When it comes to the old gas
heaters, I would definitely be looking for something more modern...

Having traveled with both the old and the more modern... I think the more
modern is much safer and more convenient , and lately convenient means more
than ever....When I replaced the original cooking stove in the 86, Mary
thought I was wasting money like usual.. She would not go back to the old...

Life is short... enjoy it....

Jim