[VAL] valve rebuild

I just reviewed the FAQ section on the vintage web site concerning brass
valves. I should always look at that again before casting out a series
of questions that are usually summed up very directly in the FAQ
section. It is interesting how much clearer this information reads after
physically seeing and touching the parts in question. With that
knowledge in hand I will rebuild the valve with new gaskets and
reinstall it and see what happens. My imported car friends have on hand
a stock set of O-ring gaskets with a special cutter for any length and
the pieces are then super glued together. The square gaskets could be
glued together also. Just for "fun" I will check with local marine
suppliers and a few auto and industrial pump sources to see what is
available already made up. One internet maker looked interesting named
'Parker Seals'. Also a local company called Portland Plastic Pipe, who's
slogan is "where pipe dreams become reality" They have an amazing
assortment of stuff.
So I will let the list know it this idea holds water.
Gary Campbell
Portland, ME
62' Safari