[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #230

Hi,

There has been much written about The Slabs.  If you've seen the Video,"Roam
Sweet Home" it was quite well covered in that--I'm also in that Video.

This past winter there was a crew from England that stayed there for about
two months and kept filming various activities.  They also joined the club
that I belong to there.  The Oasis, it grew from the old Slab City Singles
and now are both couples and singles.  You will never find a greater group
to camp with.

You may be able to go to Google and put in England Slab City and get
something.

There is also an Imperial Valley slide show that is very good.  Go to
Gateway to Imperial Valley on Google and I think you will find it.

This is a recent article made the day after I left the Slabs in March.
The Slabs is my very most favorite place to be.
  www.csmonitor.com/2004/0330/p01s03-ussc.html

Have fun with it, just don't go after May 1st or you will be terribly hot.
Not unusual for summer to get to 120, yes that's right.

It is a great place for Vintage to winter.  Maybe we should have a Rally
there next winter.  There are lots of Vintage in S. Cal.

Kathy  #17792 for 27 years.