Re: [VAL] New Vintage Owner Needs Help

Wanda ,
    Sounds like a nice trailer you have found , have fun with it !
 I have been doing some research on zolotone so I thought I would pass
along what I have found . A zolotone rep . told me I was better off to buy
the paint from a local (auto body )paint supplier as shipping and buying
over the net would be to much shaking around and burst the zolo-bubbles of
color and muddy up the paint , and would lessen the muti-tonal spatter
effect . That being said I ordered mine from
http://www.autobodysupply.net/Zolatonecolors.htm  anyway , no one stocks it
locally.
The last batch I ordered came well packed in styrofoam around the cans and
seemed ok to me .
    Which leads to the next part of story - the stuff is really thick and
requires a not so common spray gun - pressure fed with a 2.0 mm or larger
fluid tip ( about like a firehose ) . Not so common is code for pricey .
Devilbiss and Sata were out of the guestion for me .The cheapest I have
found is a sharpe gun heres the # s

Sharpe Manufacturing / 2 Liter Pressure Pot - HVLP Gun Setup

# 5466 (T1 HVLP Spray Gun with 2.2mm Fluid Tip)
# 7130 (6 Fluid & Air Hose Kit)
# 7003 (Pressure Pot - 2 Liter)
# 1410 (Air Regulator)
 Attach this to the pistol grip on the 998 HVLP Spray Gun

Sharpe Manufacturing / 1 Quart Pressure Cup - HVLP Gun Setup

# 5466 (T1 HVLP Spray Gun with 2.2mm Fluid Tip)
# 6680 (Pressure Cup - 1 Quart)
# 1400 (Fluid Pressure Regulator)
# 1410 (Air Regulator - pictured at top right)
Attach this below the #1400 Fluid Pressure Regulator
Equipment
For more details visit www.sharpe1.com or call 1 (800) SHARPE1

Spraying Zolatone
For more details visit http://www.zolatoneaim.com/ or call
1 (800) 360-7744 and ask for Zolatone Automotive Customer Service
       It tried with a regular gun last week and couldnt get proper
atomization and didnt get proper coverage . There goes one gallon . Then I
did my research ,so its fresh in my mind .I have reordered two gallons to
try again and hope to friday if the gun and paint get shipped here by then
. Supposed to warm up and be windy which will clear the overspray out
better . I will report my results then if I like the gun ,etc. The sharpe
gun on the zolotone webpage is out of production - thats why I gave you the
new #s which zolotone sent me .
     As far as floors , I am mighty fond of Armstrong real linoleum , good
old fashioned linseed oil and cork and jute renewable resourced with no
nasty pvc off gassing like vinyl . At a similar price as good vinyl .They
make tiles as well as sheet . I choose sheet I didnt want the gaps. Also
they have mid century patterns which look appropriate to  the trailer . Or
the 12x12 commercial vinyl composition tile at less than a doller afoot
,with the added benfit of being able to replace a couple for future floor
repairs .Some folks cut them down to 9x9 like the original asbestos based
tiles . ( Be aware of that when you start scraping them up ) I rented power
scraper , you might try a heat gun and a putty knife , you end up doing
that anyway to get the black residue  up that a scraper wont . Nasty work .

    Hope it helps ,
Chris 63 flying cloud