[VAL] furnaces

Hi Chris,
I went through the same thought process when replacing the furnace in my
62' Safari. I got some really good advice from people that upsized their
btu with the idea that more is better. Everyone mentioned problems with
their heaters switching on and off too frequently. My old unit was 24k
and I was tempted to go to 30k which was only thirty dollars more. My
Furnace is located under the oven in the galley and has a vent there and
then ducted through the frame to the rear bath area. When I was in the
early stages of work inside it was easy to take the chill off by just
lighting the stove top. I also was using a small oil radiator space
heater that worked well this winter. I have not fired up the new
suburban 24k w/ elec. ignition since the old copper was removed, but
that should be in place again soon. I think that will be more then
enough heat...even in Maine. I hope to is not too much for that small of
a space. I also replaced the water heater with a Suburban ten gallon
gas/electric with elec.ingition.  Hope that helps.
Gary Campbell
Portland, Maine