[VAL] Tinned gas lines?

Getting ready to rework the gas (propane) lines in our '73
Safari--mostly a matter of replacing the forced air furnace with a
relocated catalytic. I find reference to using tinned copper lines
"unless not required by local code". I've worked w/copper a lot,
including flare fittings, but never for gas. I still need to find out
what local code requires, but a quick check at the local
hardware/plumbing stores didn't turn up any tinned tubing. Whatever,
the apparent fact that some codes call for this and some don't makes me
wonder: what is the purported advantage of the tinned tubing? Surely it
costs more; is it technically (not just bureaucratically) justified?
What might be the prob with using ordinary type K or L soft?

Rob