Re: [VAL] Re: axles

Chris,

When I ordered my replacement axle they asked me if my shocks were mounted
horizontally or vertically. If horizontal, the stud and bracket are left
welded on in position for you. But if yours are like mine were, vertical,
the stud and bracket are not welded on. Instead they are shipped seperate
and you have to weld them on, or have the welding done for you. You can not
rely on precise measurements from you old axle to determine where to weld
the bracket and stud, as the new axle has a bit of a different design
(beefier), although you should use the old one as a guideline.

Forrest