[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #204

Patti, Colin, Susanne, Malcolm & anyone else,

We're planning to go to the Cherry Blossom Rally, though chores (making
cushion covers, getting rid of the pink goo in the tanks, getting our brakes
inspected, ect.) may stall us from actually bringing our trailer out until Friday
(though do have Thurs off from work).  The other thing is that one of our cats
got sick last week so I need to hunt down a petsitter to give medicines to her.
 But all things working ok, it will be our maiden voyage (outside of picking
her up).

By the way, I was informed yesterday that nobody in the Washington DC Unit
actually lives around there!  That's SO wrong!  We joined because it appeared to
be the local group (and there is here)!  I will wait until the weekend to
draw final conclusions, but I am hypothesizing that the name is such because the
rest of y'all are just wanna-be Washingtonians (nudge, nudge, wink, wink,
knowwhadamean, knowwadamean)...  But I have to give it to you, if you are coming a
long way to be with the local crowd <g>, the effort is appreciated!

Speaking of which, the weather is rather grey, cold and clammy right now.
The forecast is for rain starting today and continuing through Friday...then it
will become sunny, but remain cold (highs in the lower 50s, lows in the 30s).
So, dress warmly and be prepared for mud.  The good side to this is that the
Cherry Blossoms are expected to hit peak bloom (70% Yoshinos in bloom) with
the cool temps through the weekend.  For more info check out this website:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artsandliving/seasonal/cherryblossom/

Mary (and Rick) Dotson
'61 Safari with lots of uncovered foam...Number is some combination of the
digits 4, 3, 0, 8 and 1; stickers sitting nicely in the envelope.