[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #196

GQ,

Thanks for the response. Sometimes I need a nudge to think outside the box.
I was taught back in the early 70's by my grandfather on the hitching
procedure. By that time he was also in his 70's. So perhaps he just showed
me the way that took less muscle. However he did use a bar as well. I will
try what you said with the bars, but after thinking it over I am doubting
that your bars are under the amount of stress that mine are. I have also
been parked in many different situations and inclines over the years.
Sometimes you just gotta lift the rear of the tow vehicle up quite a bit to
snap the bars in place. But, since I'm taking the trailer in tomorrow for a
new set of tires I will give it a try your way.

Thanks for the heads up on the tailgate hitting the jack handle. I will
measure to see if there's room. My ball mount is the medium length one, so
perhaps there will be enough room.

You are right that the electric jacks are nice. But the 20 yr old electric
on mine needs replacing and I'm just at that age where I need to start
exercising any chance I get!

Scott
'60 Overlander