Re: [VAL] Balancing wheels

I think if you park the vehicle all the weights will 'settle' to the lowest
point in the circle or tube which holds the weights and the fluid.  Correct?

Then when the vehicle is moved or rolled down the road the weights will
distribute themselves where 'needed'.  Bouncing could mean that the wheel
"would be" off balance from the start due to the weights settling at their
lowest point in the tube or circle which holds them.

The wheel in motion would distribute the weights around the axis of the axle
and the fluid in the ring where the weights reside would dampen any movement
while the wheel is in motion.  This dampening is similar to a compass on a
pinpoint with no fluid or a compass that is in fluid which dampens any
movement from what I know.  A dampened movement is slow to react as you
know.

If I am correct in my assumptions about the weights settling at rest, the
weights being distributed after movement (wheel would be "unbalance" at the
start of course), the fluid dampening much movement of the weights at speed,
then it should work.  My opinion only.

Even if you hit a pothole at speed it should not move the weights much if
any due to the dampening of the movement of the weights in the tube.

All in all I think the only time you might ever feel an unbalanced situation
is when you go from a longer rest time to a high-speed motion in a matter of
seconds.  I doubt anyone is drag racing with their Airstream behind them -
but then again we have to keep the road rage available to any of us confined
to it's rightful place while in the company of others.  Yes?

Tom