[VAL] Re: '56 Bubble Questions

Hi Amanda,

We own a '55 30' Liner.  Our rig has a pull out electrical cord, 2 prong.
The grey water comes out the same opening as the black water but has a dump
valve for the blackwater tank.  It has been tinkered with by the previous owner
but is very close to original.  I'll explain how I rigged ours up for grey water
the best I can. It has a screw on (full threads) male sewer hose fitting
which I guess is a Thetford style (?) on the drain pipe.  I was able to attach a
new modern sewer hose to the thetford female adapter for dumping purposes.  To
attach to the "Blue Lagoon"  I rigged up a threaded PVC pipe adapter to screw
on to the drain on the trailer, I then attached the modern barb type fitting
to it with a rubber "Fernco" coupling and (2) 4" hose clamps (both pvc fittings
were shortened to gain clearance). I can then attach the garden hose type
sewer cap to the trailer and run a short length of garden hose to the garden hose
fitting on the blue lagoon (where the gauge might go).  I put a gauge in
another barb type cap (they have a hose fitting already) and put it on loosely to
allow it to vent.  By doing it that way I don't have to worry about using the
sewer hose for grey water (which I dump daily with 5 of us using the rig) and
worry about handling the dump hose more than I want, monitor the blue tank
level and remove the tank easily with the garden hose rather than having a deluge
come out a standard sewer hose which would not please me or any neighbors!
Hope this might help.  Oh, just for the heck of it, if it is the original
wiring block he may want to purchase a couple spare screw in fuses, we learned the
hard way last September  : )

Jason Jablonski
#15562