Re: [VAL] Hoo, boy! RE: 1956 Caravanner Skin Care

Hey Jim:

You know what opinions are like and here's mine.

That gasket is a teeny o-ring made out of EPDM which is one of the most
durable materials made.  When the rivet head is pulled down, the gasket
smashes down very flat and forms itself to the trailer skin and the
underside of the rivet head.  The trouble is that you can still see it,
albeit very slightly.  I don't use the gasket where you can readily see the
rivets.  On the roof, or other places out of sight, I do use the gasket and
am sure that it will last as long or longer than "little dab of Vulkem" and
much easier to use.  In visible areas the lack of the gasket (with Vulkem or
otherwise) makes the rivet heads blend in with the skin.

Zat make any sense?

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA