Re: [VAL] frame repair

My '56 Bubble has a double frame from the front back to the axle. It
consists of two 4 inch C frame pieces stacked one on top of the other and
welded together in several places This I believe was done when unit was
built as the pan is bui lt around constructed as the frame pieces are
each 4 inch whereas the other bubble of that year I have seen had a
single 3 inch frame. My understanding this 16ft unit was built for a
geologist who used it as a field lab.  It had no cabinets and contained
only a work bench one one wall and sink on another.  The  units had a
large generator on the front portion of the frame and the mounts were
still in existence when I acquired the trailer.  It was to carry this
weight that I believe the frame was reinforced.  The rear portion of the
farm from axle to rear is the 3inch frame I have noted on other trailers
of this year.   two 4 inch pieces stacked and welded together.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com