Re: [VAL] balancing of tires, wheels hubs and drums

Hi Fred and Harry,

Don't look in on the list very often, but what I read of this thread
prompted me to suggest a look at the Inland RV web site.  I haven't been
there for quite a while, but some time ago it stated that typical spin
balance use for auto tires/wheels doesn't do the job for Airstream wheels.

Need to have the entire drum wheel balanced as a unit and keep the positions
marked for assembly.  When you see the pictures on the web site, you'll
understand more than any words I can write.

Great info on using substandard rims, etc.

The vibration damage to the monocoque from running out of balance rolling
gear is substantial!  Somewhat akin to running bad torsion axles.

                                                            Regards,  '69
Safari, Joy