[VAL] balancing of tires, wheels hubs and drums

hello everyone
i need your help again. upon purchasing my AS, i called my local AS dealer
(windish rv) and when i told them the year of my trailer, they referred me to
inland rv in california. i have purchased a number of items from inland and i
have found them to be professional and helpful. within their web site, they
have a pictorial and demo of wheel balancing using a static wheel balance. not
only do they show the tire and wheel balancing but also they balance the hub
and drum assembly while mounted to the wheel and tire. i again called my local
airstream dealer and they said they did not even have the ability to balance
the wheels and tires, much less the hub and drum. my question is:

how important is hub and drum balancing?
does it need to be done?
short of sending my hubs, tires and wheels to california, where would a guy
get this done?

my take on the inland rv site is that it is absolutely necessary but i would
like another opinion.

thanks for your help
harry truitt
franktown co