Re: [VAL] calif title for vintage airstreams

Hey Chuck

For those who believe that the CSAA will take care of this...Don't think so.
They can do routine transfers but this kind of thing will be beyond their
capability.

For instance, I had the out-of-state registration and title for mine and
still the DMV ran me around the block a few times.  One of the things that
tripped me up was that the AZ title and registration referred to the body
type as TV or Travel Trailer.  The DMV rejected my paperwork telling me to
"clarify body type TV".  After calling around some, I found someone who
advised me the the correct body type for a trailer in CA was "CCH" or Coach.
So I sent back the package of rejected paperwork with a note to please
change the desription to CCH and FINALLY it went through.

It all started when I forgot my checkbook and the DMV wouldn't take credit
cards.......I went home and got it.  Then they told me that I didn't have a
smog certificate.  I suggested that it was because this was a
TRAILER....Then they questioned the ID of the peace officer that I had
verify the trailer serial number ....and so on.....

Your tax dollars at work...

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA