Re: [VAL] Wood Treatment

Hi David

I would first recommend that you clean it with Murphy's oil soap and
rinse well and dry quickly.  At this point, once it's dry, you can see
what your problems are. Unless you are really down to bare wood, I would
not strip it. You may be able to just give it a good going over with
paste wax and super fine steel wool, and then buff it.

In general, you are better off staying away from fancy and expensive
chemicals.  They are often toxic and may make things worse. Especially
if you are up for a real restoration, the less you do the better.

Once you get it clean, come back with a report and we will go for the
next step.

Daisy