[VAL] Another recent visit

    All,

    In my continuing effort to bring my 1969 Caravel back to its original
state, I had the pleasure a few weeks ago of being invited to see Bill
Kerfoot's lovely 1979 Safari and to see the operation of the mechanized
Gaucho.

    Bill and his son Rick welcomed me to their place in Orange CA and made
me feel right at home while they cut me loose in their Airstream to
photograph and sketch their factory installation.  He even Xeroxed the parts
list with exploded view.

    Once again, I've been impressed with all of you friendly folks on the
List.  Does it ever end?  I don't think so!

    I've got a shipment of original, used 1969 Airstream gear coming to me
in four large boxes that should arrive today from the east coast of Florida
and an intact, complete 1969 Gaucho and one cushion heading this way from
Arizona about mid March, so the quest goes on in other directions.

    What does the original overhead light in the shower/head look like?
Mine appears to be a recent installation and looks almost new.

    I recently bought a super duper sandblaster on eBay and have begun to
remove all the black paint on the tongue, electric jack and rear bumper.  I
even got a set of the original H&H Power Jack stickers complete with the
vertical racing stripes that I'll apply after the silver paint goes on.
Whooee!

    Thanks all for the help,

    Glyn Judson
    Santa Monica CA