Re: [VAL] fm whip antenna

Radio Shack no longer carries automotive stuff - like CB antennas, etc.
What they have in the store now is it, they won't be reordering anything
'automotive' - that's what several stores told me when I was looking for
through-the-glass antennas.

Our Airstream uses a through-the-glass CB antenna and it works just fine.
The radio antenna is of the older type; extendable-retractable, mounted
through the sheet metal.  I don't believe there is any limit to the length
of any standard radio coax.  Even CB antennas are OK with over 8' + of cable
length.  You might try using the type we have in ours - through the glass
for the CB.

Be careful with the 'ball-type' mounted kind for automobiles as most of them
will rotate at the ball mount.  You could go with an import auto antenna
that uses 2 brackets for mounting which will not allow for any rotation of
the antenna.  Volvo, Nissan, and others use that type of mounting for their
radios.

Tom
WBCCI 5303