Re: [VAL] Electric Choices

Greets everyone,

When I bought my Honda generator just before Christmas one salesman freely
admitted they where price fixing.  He wanted to know where I got a price of
$925, over his $999.  I would not tell him.  :0

It was actually from a small town dealer who is some 30 miles closer to us.
I am glad I did too.  We had a problem with it, and I think it was a heavy
fog and a hard freeze that locked the intake valve and the rocker arm broke
when I tried to start it.  Somewhere in that manual it says to pull gently.

They fixed it with utmost speed, I was impressed.  Unfortunately a winter
storm blew threw and the roads where bad for a week.  I did not have it for
Christmas lights, but I rigged up something else.  The generator is working
great now.  It is nice to have a local dealer who is on the ball.
Everything under warranty.

They really are quiet, but not as the dealers would have you think.  The
thing is they are not annoying,  I compare it to the purring of a  really
really big jungle cat amplified on speakers.  Our dealer told us of a
wedding where an organ was hooked up to a EU2000i around the back of a shed.
This was up in the mountains at an old homestead.  Nobody noticed the sound
of the generator, just the organ music.  Don't you just love sales people!
:)

I know they are overpriced, but demand is high.  Does Yamaha have anything
of comparable quality?

The big selling point to me is that the electricity is clean.  I can run my
boiler, it has a computer, and all the other stuff around the house that is
computerized.  Even refrigerators have computer chips now.

My plans are to buy another one in a couple of years.

JimW