Re: [VAL] Sandwiched Flooring

I have one of the two Argosy Minuets that I know of that have an aluminum
floor.  It is two sheets of aluminum with a core of Styrofoam.  It was
factory installed, and has rivets at every frame cross.  It is a 1977, and
has been pulled down every dirt road and potholed backroad in the county.
It has held up very well.  The only problem with mine is that foot traffic
has sagged the aluminum in the high traffic areas.  The shell to frame is
great.  Mr. Burke said that some vulchem on the tail section will fix frame
seperation.   This unit has a worn out axel, but makes a great summer home.
:)

I hope to get it on the road this year.  We  were working on the kitchen of
our house this year, and it was much more work than we had planned on.

I took up the carpet, and will cover with something.  I am still thinking of
interlocking tiles, although Pergo, or something similiar sounds great.

JimW