[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #129

Hi Patti, regarding polishing there is one thing I found out
when I began polishing a 27'footer. Go to every site that talks
about polishing and absorb everything that they say. Then decide
on the polish (Nuvite, etc) and get on top of the Airstream and
try the compounder and the Cyclo according to the instructions
with the polish. What I am saying is to experiment on top out
of site and you will find what is best for your TT. Mine was
terribly corroded and the compounder really cut away the corrosion
much quicker with nuvite polish. However, it also leaves scratch
marks which the Cyclo clone I have was used to take them out and
bring the TT to a really nice shine (some of the scratches are
still there due to health problems). Polishing is a ordeal that
takes patience and a lots of elbow grease! But the end results
is worth it. My neighbor thought I had gone off on the deep end
and bought a new Airstream!!! No one out here in the boonies where
we live (rural) believes it is a 1957 model. That's fine with
me! :) Just remember - read, experiment and be patient.
Take care and God Bless!
Jerry (in GA below the gnat-line and the snow!)
57 Overlander WBCCI VAC