[VAL] Modern 3 plug trailer wiring

Hi:

  So exactly how are trailers wired today with the 115 VAC
three way grounded lead in wire?   I understand the hot wire
attaches
to the hot wire input terminal inside the circuit breaker
box, and the neutral wire likewise attaches to the neutral
wire input terminal inside the breaker box.  That completes
a two wire circuit and gives the trailer useable 115 VAC
juice when the circuit is closed.

  But where does the ground wire attach in the trailer, if
anywhere?  Is the ground wire simply left unattached to
anything in the breaker box or trailer, so the trailer
becomes in essence a two wire trailer? Or is the ground wire
attached to the ground wire lug inside the breaker box?

   I will be re-wiring a 1950 Airstream this springs and
would like to do it right.  Thanks.

Fred in Denver
with a two wire