[VAL] Re: METRIC?

The "METRIC" tranny was supposedly left overs from the infamous VEGA and had
no vacuum modulator. Since diesels have no vaccuum they used them in the GM V8
deisels from about 1976 to 82. They beefed up the torque converter for the
diesel but the rest of the piece of junk had alot of plastic parts inside that
didn't hold up well.
While replacing my engine for the second time with a gas 350, I trashed the
metric and installed a good ol 350 turbo trans.

AlanT~ phx Az~ 74 Safari~ 93 Dodge Turbo Diesel