RE: [VAL] Wide White Wall Tires

Greetings Paul!

I have two occasional use tow vehicles (1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible and 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 Convertible).  I have run both
bias ply belted and radials on the Dodge, and the performance both
towing and solo is greatly improved with the radials (my current 2.5"
whitewalls (P235 75 R14) were purchased from Sears but are due for
replacement due to age).  I have been considering the B F Goodrich 2.75"
radials offered by Coker to keep the wider whitewall with radial
construction.

Without question, when rated properly either tire type will do the job.
It is more a question of personal preference.  On my Dodge, the road
manners are much improved by the radials which seem to provide better
tracking with the touchy power steering system used in that car.

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359