[VAL] Brake controller wiring problem

Hi Everyone,

            Here's one I hope someone will know the answer to: I've been
working on the wiring to my 55 overlander and I finally got everything in
place. I completely replaced the harness on both truck (1980 chevy) and
trailer, installed a breakaway switch with battery as well as a prodigy
break controller.  All lights seem to work as they should, but the prodigy
shows a short on idle (flashing S.H.).  The brakes on the trailer had two
wires (green and white) while both the breakaway switch and the prodigy have
a single blue wire for brakes. Since when I tested it there was continuity
through the two brake wires, I assumed they can be combined and connected
through the single wire... Is this not the case?  I really don't know a
thing about these early brakes, when I greased the axles I blew out all the
dust and made sure the springs were all there and working.  Everything
looked like it was in pretty good condition after sitting for 10 years, so I
left it in place.

            As for the controller, the only other thing I can think of is
that I ran the [+] to the aux wire from the ignition with no fuses or
anything.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks and happy holidays!

-Ivan