[VAL] Re: Reese question

Got a question for those familiar with swing bar limitations. When my
Hensley crashed this summer I replaced it on my 03 Safari with a Reese
system. The bars are rated at 1,200 lb. class V. (also replaced the
square receiver on the back of the Suburban with a class V) It occured
to me that I could use the same bars and hitch with my 54 Flying Cloud
by just adding the clamps to the A frame. (I was only using a sway
controller towing the FC) BUT are the new bars too heavy for the FC?
The Safari weighs in at 6,500 lbs. the FC only 2,600. It seemed like a
cool idea to have one system with a few extra parts that could be used
for both trailers. Same idea, I could add the ball to the side of the
Reese hitch, and the ball with plate to the Safari A frame and use the
sway controller with both trailers also. Have I lost you all?

Patti (having a blonde moment)
Long Island, NY
1954 Flying Cloud
2003 Safari