RE: [VAL] Re: Reese question

Greetings Patti!

I concur with Scott.  I believe that you are likely to find that the
1,200 pound weight distribution bars are too heavy for both your Safari
and Flying Cloud.  With your C/K 2500 Suburban, you have the firm
suspension that I have with my K2500 Suburban, and I know that I have
discovered that 500 pound bars are ideal for my '78 Argosy Minuet (3,100
pounds gross weight with 550 pound hitch weight); and I use 700 pound
bars with my '64 Overlander (6,000 pounds gross weight with 750 pounds
hitch weight).  Neither of my trailers cause the Suburban to squat much
more than 1.5 inches before the weight distribution bars are attached.
The one thing that I might mention is that I utilize the Reese Dual Cam
sway control with both trailers and is a big part of my reason for
paying such close attention matching hitch weight to spring bars as it
just seems like the Dual Cam system works better with the closely
matched bars.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359