RE: [VAL] Re:Gate valve and black water tank

Stuart and Bonnie,

I just did the same on my 67 TW.  My toilet flange is rusted out also,
and I haven't given much thought to its replacement yet.  I had a new
sheet metal box fabricated along with new angle iron rails.  The
Thetford gate is ok, but needs new seals.  There are four screw studs
that hold the gate valve to a flange on the tank.  I noticed that the
plastic flange is cracked around each of these studs.  I will reinforce
it with epoxy, but it can't be replaced.  I'm going to paint the pan,
rails, frame that I can reach with POR15 before putting it all back
together.

What are you referring to when saying a nozzle can be attached to the
back of the tank?  Am I missing a trick here?

Don't think I had any vermin in the heat ducts, but I'm impressed with
the tank heating that A/S designed in.

Best Regards,
   Jim