[VAL] Re:Gate valve and black water tank

Hello'
I pulled out our sewage tank from under our '65 Airstream Trade Wind Twin 24'
this weekend. The tank is in good shape and not leaking or broken. The cast
iron connection for the toilet is rusted to oblivion. How can that be repaired?
Is there a new tank kit to replace the whole thing? How important is it to
split the tank into grey and black water? Did everyone know that the heat duct
to the rear floor heater vent continues back into the box that holds the waste
water tank in place? That was an entry point for vermin into our rig and
cleaning their residue out of that duct was tricky! Now that that's clean and the
tank is out...suddenly the back of the rig no longer smells!
J.R. at Sonrise RV in Escondido, Ca told me that, yes, a nozzel can be
attached to the back of your tanks to facilitate flushing out the tank when it's
time to drain them. Now we won't need warm black water in our tank when we
travel! We think this nozzel idea will help greatly when the rig is stationary for a
long time but in use. We're determined to have a clean rig all over and
under.
Thanks, Stuart and Bonnie