[VAL] testing lights

 I plan on changing and testing new clearance lights on my Bambi and would
like to do it without the tow vehicle hooked up. Is testing them just a matter
of connecting the negative battery post to the frame and a 15amp fused line
from the battery to one of the seven contacts on the plug? I am trying to
replace the plastic backed tear shaped lights with the aluminum ones which I
think would look more like the originals. I tried replacing them a while back
and kept blowing fuses... I going to try it again.

Jim