RE: [VAL] Opinion on Vacuum

Lexxy,

When I was in college I sold about thirty Electrolux vacuums door-to-door
over a four month period.  They are the "Airstream of Vacuums".  Before I
quit selling them, I bought one for myself.  I still have it, and keep it in
my 1963 Ambassador.  It was a 1960's model G, and was refurbished by the
factory when I bought it from the company, back in 1976.  Heck, it even
looks like an A/S!  With your wood floors, all you need is the standard
floor/rug tool to vacuum drapes, carpets, bedding, etc. Plus, the flexible
hose connects to either the suction end or the exhaust end.  The filter bags
are three layers, and trap miniscule particles.

To sell them I would place a hard plastic tube, with openings on both ends,
onto the business end of the hose.  Then I would toss a 1-7/8 inch steel
ball to the prospect and ask him/her,  How many of these steel balls do you
think this sucker will suspend when I turn this hose to the floor?  I would
load four or five steel balls into the tube, throw on the switch and it
never dropped one.  Seasoned reps used to have an attachment that they would
place over the suction end and stick them to the ceiling!

The cool thing is, if you can't find one used at the local vacuum shop, just
look in the yellow pages, and the area rep (if he has trade-ins) will
deliver one to your door!  The oldest one I recall seeing was a late 1940's
model with stainless steel sleigh supports (no wheels).  Have fun!

Chris
1963 Ambassador, Twin with Factory (?)Twin Bunks
2001 Excursion PSD
Austin