Re: [VAL] Back end dragging

Yes, they did raise the trailers on some of the overseas caravans. They did
this by "flipping" the axles...but I believe that this was done to only the
trailers with leaf spring suspensions. I don't think that flipping per sey
can be done to a dura torque. In this case I agree that the first place to
look is for worn out axles.

Due to sewer modifications which made the rear of my trailer low, I did flip
the axle on my '60 Overlander. I am very happy with the results. No more
dragging going in or out of nearly EVERY driveway. But this is not the norm
for Airstreams, like I said my trailer had been modified. Plus the Goodyear
Marathons I use are not quite as tall as the old bias ply truck tires that
the trailer came with.

Scott