Re: [VAL] re: Dent fixin

And we have a "In Memorial" plaque on the side of our 1995 34' Classic
Excella FK commemorating the time and place where the hail dented the side
of our Airstream.  I'm not about to pay over $6,000.00 to have the factory
"re-skin" the trailer with new sheetmetal over the original aluminum which
is "how it's done" by them.  Well, it's done that way in my book - and the
factory should consider doing the re-skinning jobs the "right way".  I know
it's expensive - but these Airstreams are not cheap, inexpensive trailers,
they are "the best" in the industry and we all know that as there are NO
travel trailers that even come close to our Airstream TT's.

To re-skin the sides of my trailer simply for cosmetic reasons when the same
darn thing could happen next trip out would be dumb in my book.  I like my
book - I refer to 'my book' often if you haven't noticed. ;)

Now, IF there were actually damaged stringers or ribs that posed a safety
problem that's a different story.  I just don't want the side of my trailer
held together with those "cheap" pop rivets used by the factory when these
repairs are done.  I realize there is no "easy and inexpensive" way to do
the repairs the way I want them done - but there are plenty of "cheap" ways
to get your rig back on the road dents or no dents.  I won't do "cheap"
things to my expensive trailer - everything will be done the "right way" for
my tastes.

Tom
WBCCI 5303