Re: [VAL] solar

Greetings Dean!

I am sorry that you have had bad experiences with the 12-volt side of RV
refrigerators.  I am on my second, and wouldn't voluntarily have any other
type.  Each of mine has been a 3-Way (1980 Dometic 3-Way and 2001 Dometic
3-Way), but I wouldn't hesitate to consider a strictly 12-volt if the size
were correct.  My current Dometic 3-Way was installed nearly three years ago
in my Overlander as part of its restoration, and it has only been operated
on LP for at most three hours (shake-down to be sure that it worked on LP)
the balance of the time has been on 12-volt or 110 AC.  I always tow with
the refrigerator on 12-volt mode and have always had perfectly cooled
conditions in both the refrigerator and freezer - - even after twelve hours
of travel with 98 degree heet and 99% humidity.  The only shortcoming that I
have experienced is that it can take up to 36-hours or a bit more for an
initial cool of the refrigerator if done on 12-volt.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Towcar
In-Training)