Re: [VAL] solar

Jim ,
  they dont put out as many watts as my old  rigid ones , however they will
supply my 12 volt needs (lights ,tv, furnace blower in chilly but not
freezing weather )in state parks and williwacks where I dont have hook ups
to 110 .
   I dont have an inverter , they would not run ac , microwave , electric
stove , hair dryer , curling irons , etc that I dont use anyway ,even at
home . I do need the propane for cooking heating and etc.
    They give me some flexibility as far as campsites and I dont have to
smell or hear a generator in more natural settings beyond the extension
cord . and once they are manufactured , they dont pollute the place .
My old panels are mounted on a portable frame which is a hassle to move
inside when traveling , plus it blew over and busted one of the two panels
.
I did not like the looks of the frame permanently mounted on the roof , so
I bought these new ones .
   As far as the math about amps ,watts , average sun hours I haven't
figured it out yet , these are 64 watts per per panel x 2 panels. My old
rigid panels were 85 watts per panel x 2 panels which was more than enough
for me this summer even with the solid month of fog here and my bad habit
of falling asleep with the tv on . I suppose I am frugal otherwise with my
electric consumption , anyhow solar has enhanced my enjoyment of my
trailers.
Chris